Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you found a solution to help feed the growing population?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you found a solution to help feed the growing population?

December’s Shell LiveWIRE Smarter Future winner is breeding insects to help feed the growing population!

Beta Bugs breeds protein-dense insects to be used in livestock and aquaculture feed, providing a sustainable alternative to traditional protein sources such as soymeal and fishmeal, which are environmentally damaging. The biotechnology company is part of the growing ‘insects-as-protein’ sector which is driving the way to a sustainable bioeconomy.

Thomas Farrugia, founder of Beta Bugs, has developed his idea based on both the economic and environmental potential of the insects industry. By providing insect protein for animal feeds, Beta Bugs aims to increase the circular economy of the livestock and aquaculture industries. The significant potential for efficiency improvements in the industry will also make Beta Bugs’ products cost competitive and optimise the benefits to both local and global food supply chains.

Have you found a solution to help feed the growing population? We’d love to hear more about your idea, leave us a comment below letting us know how your innovation is helping to meet the demands of an expanding population.

According to the U.N., the world's population is expected to grow to 9.7 billion in 2050 and further increase to 11.2 billion by 2100. For a lot of developing countries, this rapid population growth makes it more difficult to eradicate poverty and ensure food security.
    At Action Against Hunger, my goal is to eliminate world hunger. A critical part of reaching mine is tackling the root causes of hunger: problems of production, access, and availability.
    I work to address these problems through our food security programs worldwide, my visions for the future
    i'm a recognized leader in food security, and with your support, we can create a world where everyone has equal access to nutritious food.
    Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

Comment

Working...
    X