Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting funding from princess trust etc

hi there all

i am interested in opening up a lettings agency. However i have never opened up my own business before.
    basically i have heard that the princess trust offers a £2000 grant which is free to people who want to start their own businesses.

The problem is that i have been to the trust and they are telling me that they can only give me the grant as means of a last resort. they said i have to check with my local bank to see if they can give me a grant and if they cannot then the trust will give 1 to me.

Please can somebody advise me on the best possible way i could go about gaining a grant as it would be very valuable for me to start up. If anybody is out there who has been given this grant i would like to hear from them as their information will be vital. If anybody wants to email me my address is : akzlondon@yahoo.co.uk

What about the Business Gateway etc?
    Neil

Everythingink.co.uk - for all your printing consumables

Tartan Pixels - Buy, sell, edit and move pixels. Pixels YOU control!

Comment

My wife tried to get a Prince's Trust grant. She was flatly refused because, get this: her husband was in full-time employment! (So what?!)

She was then told that she'd have a better chance of getting a grant if she was unemployed, just come out of prison, recently arrived from abroad or was a single mother...

What kind of message does that send to honest, hard-working folk?....
      Logo DesignVector Conversion - Eagle Imagery®
      UK Business Labs - Creating chemistry between business people™

Comment

I actually just got the Prince's Trust loan, and yes it's very rare that they hand out grants, but they do offer loans to individuals and partners.

It's also very easy to get a letter from your bank saying that you aren't suitable for the bank loan to satisfy the Prince's Trust requirements. I am with Barclays and I just asked my relationship manager, we erbally agreed that I wasn't eligible and he wrote me the letter that afternoon.

I'd suggest you go back to the PT and ask about the loan facility. Should you need anymore help, I am in contact with a couple of people from PT HQ, let me know and I'll ask a couple of questions for you.

Regards,

Rachel
        Habacus Bookkeeping Solutions

http://habacus.com
        Click here to email me

Comment

I think it depends what your searching for if its a
          grant then it will be much harder, almost impossible to get one.

One the other hand if your looking for a LOAN then that will be much easier to find.

If its a loan your looking for then, do what the princes trust says and get a letter from the bank. You never know the bank may lend it to you first.

Well good luck its very hard to find grants there is normally so much critera that you have to fullfil to get funding.

Take a look at your local council website they may do some sort of scheme to help you start in business.
          Natasha

"Make no small plans for they have no power to stir the soul." (Niccolo Machiavelli)

www.marveewoods.com
          Marvee Woods Music
          Talented songwriter

Comment

I would consider the PT loan over a bank loan. The repayment terms are very advantageous as is the interest rate. You also receive training in finance and sales and are assigned a mentor for the first three years of business.

Absolutely invaluable!
            Habacus Bookkeeping Solutions

http://habacus.com
            Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle
              She was then told that she'd have a better chance of getting a grant if she was unemployed, just come out of prison, recently arrived from abroad or was a single mother...

What kind of message does that send to honest, hard-working folk?....
              It should be remembered that even the Princes Trust doesn't have an endless pot of cash. And i bet have so so many applications everyday landing on their doorstep.

The grants are there to help those most in need of it. Those that maybe don't have family & friends to fall on in times of need.

Come on people, this is life. It's hard and you should expect to go it alone while appreciating any help that comes your way.

(Loans on the other hand fall into the "going it alone" category)

martin

Comment

Re:

Promotional items are also given as employee awards and incentives.The payment gateway transmits the encrypted billing data to your merchant processor who is then responsible for routing this data to the credit card network.

Comment

Working...
                X